LLB course description prepares students for the study and understanding of legal procedures. The Full form of the LLB is “Bachelor of Legislative Law“. LLB is a foundation course at the UG level in the discipline of Law, which is pursued by students who have passed the class 12th board examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. The duration of the LLB course is 3 years or 5 years depending on the type of law degree.
LLB Course Details | Best Colleges 2023 – Highlights
Bachelor of Laws (LLB) is a three-year undergraduate course that deals with the study of legislative law in six semesters covering four different types of laws independently. The course introduces students to the world of corporate, legislative, business, and various other types of laws. Some of the job opportunities in this field are Legal Consultant, Lawyer, Public Prosecutor, etc.
The LLB course includes a study from the Bar Council of India along with subjects such as labor law, civil procedure, human rights, and other deep insights into laws and legislature. Holding an LLB degree, one can enroll as a member of the legal fraternity and practice law in India.
LLB as a course deals with the intricacies of law and judiciary. After successful completion of the course, students can either choose the professional side or can also choose to study further with courses like LLM or Ph.D. in Law. Apart from the LLB course, there are many top law universities/institutions in the country which offer various courses like BA LLB, BSc LLB, BBA LLB, LLM, etc.
How to get Admission to an LLB course in 2023
For admission to the LLB course, Aspirants should have completed their bachelor’s degree successfully with a minimum aggregate of 45% in any recognized institution. Admission to LLB courses can be done through two channels:
- based on scores of Entrance exams like PU LLB, DU LLB, and MH CET Law,
- based on scores of qualifying exams.
3-year LLB Program (India)
Entrance exams for admission to the 3-year LLB law degree program can be
- National level (DU LLB),
- University-level ( BVP CET law),
- State-level (MH CET law)
LLB Course Fees in India 2023
The LLB Course Fees in India Amount Range is range from INR 1 lakh to INR 2 Lakh per annum on average. However, there are fluctuations in the fee structure based on the colleges and the facilities provided to the students.
The top Entrance exam for admission to the 3-year LLB program.
|Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT)
Apply for CLAT 2022
|NALSAR, NLSIU, WBNUJS, NLU, NLIU and GNLU|
|LSAT India – Law School Admission Test||IIT Kharagpur Law School, UPES Dehradun, SRM University, Amity Law School|
|DU LLB||Faculty of Law, University of Delhi|
|BVP CET Law||Bharti Vidyapeeth Law College|
|MH CET Law||Dr. Ambedkar College Of Law|
Top 20 Best Colleges for LLB course India 2022
Here are the Best Law colleges in 2022 – Check the list of top 20 law colleges in 2022 ranked by NIRF, along with Fees, Courses.
- NLSIU Bangalore – National Law School of India University
- NLU Hyderabad – NALSAR University of Law
- Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat
- NLU Delhi – National Law University
- IIT Kharagpur LAW
- Faculty of Law DU – Faculty of Law University of Delhi
- AMU Aligarh – Aligarh Muslim University
- NLIU Bhopal – National Law Institute University
- National Law University Rajasthan
- Symbiosis Law School Pune
- CNLU Patna – Chanakya National Law University
- West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences West Bengal
- Jamia Millia Islamia Delhi
- Nalsar University of Law, Telangana
- Department of Laws, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
- Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Calcutta University – University of Calcutta
- NUSRL Ranchi – National University of Study and Research in Law
- GNLU – Gujarat National Law University
Best Career Options after LLB degree
Once you complete your graduation in law, which can be either a plain LLB course or a five-year program of BBA LLB or BA LLB course, wide career options will open up for you. Here is a list of the top 10 career options that you can opt for after completing your law graduation.
List of top 10 career options after pursuing an LLB degree.
- Litigation Attorney
- Corporate Counsellor
- Cyber Law
- Civil Services
- Judicial Services
- Legal Publishing and Media
- Human Rights
- Company Secretary
- Legal Advisor
- Public Prosecutor