The Research and Analysis Wing, also known as RAW, is India’s foreign intelligence agency. The agency’s primary functions are to gather foreign intelligence, suppress terrorism, prevent proliferation, advise Indian policymakers, and advance India’s foreign strategic interests. It also deals with the security of India’s nuclear program and many more things. How to Join RAW Agent in India.
How to Join RAW in India
One of the ways to join RAW in India is through UPSC Civil Services Exam (Group-A IAS, IPS, IRS & IFS Officers). Both good Educational Qualification & remarkable work experience is required to become a RAW Agent.
The Secretary-General of the RAW is nominated Secretary to the Cabinet Secretariat, and he is under the direct command of the Prime Minister and reports on an administrative basis to the National Security Adviser of India, who further reports to the Prime Minister.
RAW Recruitment 2023 – Overview
The Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)
|Department Name||Research and Analysis Wing|
|Common Known As||RAW|
|Post Name||Research and Analysis Wing|
|Manages by||PMO Authority|
|Objective||Keep India secure.|
|Minimum Qualification||Graduation by a reputed College|
|Apply Online||Registration & Login|
|Admit Card||Update Soon|
|Official Website||Click here|
Research and Analysis Wing, Role of RAW, Jobs Vacancy Details 2023
Applicants who want to appear for RAW Examination 2023 need to know about the vacancy details, the application process, Eligibility Criteria & Education Qualification, the age limit, R&AW Selection Process, also know the Exam Pattern, and the Syllabus 2023.
What is the Role of RAW
The Broad Objectives of RAW include:
- Monitoring the political, military, economic, and scientific developments in countries that have a direct bearing on India’s national security and the formulation of its foreign policy.
- Molding International public opinion and influencing foreign governments.
- Convert Operations to safeguard India’s National Interests.
- Anti-Terror Operations and neutralizing terror elements posing a threat to India.
R&AW has 10 field formations all over India, known as Special Bureaus. They are largely located in major cities near or along the borders.
Different Posts in RAW 2023
|Secretary||Class I/ Group A officers|
|Special Secretary||Class I/ Group A officers|
|Additional Secretary||Class I/ Group A officers|
|Joint Secretary||Class I/ Group A officers|
|Director/ Deputy Secretary||Class I/ Group A officers|
|Senior Field Officer||Group A officers|
|Field Officer||Group A officers|
|Deputy Field Officer||Group A officers|
|Assistant Field Officer||Group B officers|
Eligibility Criteria for Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)
Educational qualifications and Age Limits for Research and Analysis of Wing RAW are given below.
- A Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must not have any criminal background or any pending cases in court.
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- know at least one foreign language
- sharp memory power and good communication skills.
Age Limit (As of 1st January 2023)
Candidates must be less than 56 years of age.
- Minimum Age – 18 Years
- Maximum Age – 56 Years
Age Relaxation SC / ST / Female for 5 Years
The Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of the Research and Analysis Wing will be conducted in the following successive stages: Direct recruitment at Class I executive level is from Civil services officers undergoing Foundation course
- completes a foundation course from Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration
- Personality Test or Interview.
How to Apply Online for RAW Agent 2023?
Candidates are mostly recruited from the IPS and a few other civil services along with candidates from the armed forces of India, the latter being in lesser numbers though.
Some Easy Stape to apply Online for UPSC Civil Services Examinations 2023. The CSE Applications Form 2023 Registration starts on February 2023.
- Identity Card
- Standard mark sheet
- Caste Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Passport size photo
Note: Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through detailed instructions available at the Official website portal.
Some Easy Steps to Apply Online
- Go to the official website (upsc.gov.in)
- Home > Recruitment Advertisements
- Read the Carefully Instructions
- Registration & Login with Email Id & Password
- Fill out the Form with Basic information & Upload the Required Documents.
- Pay the Applications Fee,
- Click on Final Summit & take the Print.
Field formation – RAW
RAW has 10 field formations all over India, which are known as Special Bureaus. These bureaus have a targeted area of responsibility toward countries that share land borders with India. They are largely located in or near the borders of major cities.
RAW Agent in India – FAQs
One of the ways to join RAW in India is through UPSC Civil Services Exam. Better work experience is required to become a RAW Agent.
Research and Analysis Wing
The primary mission of R&AW includes intelligence collection via HUMINT, psychological warfare, subversion, and sabotage.
Raw Agent gets grate Salary Package from the center government.